Emergency appointments available daily
We have a select number of appointments reserved for accidents and emergencies.
We will provide relief of pain as comfortably and as fast as possible for:
- Broken teeth and/or filling
- Lumps, bumps and swelling
- Sports injuries
- Wisdom teeth pain
We continue with after care and ongoing maintenance and monitoring as required.
Children, babies and toddlers who knock their mouths or teeth should be seen to make sure a claim is registered with ACC in case of any future issues that could arise as the child’s teeth develop and erupt.
Urgent Emergencies are:
- Facial swellings that are affecting vision (eyes), and/or feel hot to touch.
- If the swelling in the mouth causes difficulty breathing, swallowing or opening the mouth this needs to be addressed immediately. If out of our clinic hours seek help from Accident and Emergency (A&E) at the hospital.
- Teeth that are fully knocked out of the mouth or become mobile/loose due to a blow to the face need to be treated as soon as possible, to give them the best chance of survival. Where a fully intact tooth has been knocked out, you can try to push the tooth back into the socket site, or keep the tooth moist by placing between your teeth and lower lip until you can get to us, or the hospital.